Interested in running? We have two slots left!
Meet our runners and support them with a donation.
82,036 motivated runners were not selected in this year’s drawing to run the TCS New York City Marathon on November 5th. But they still have a chance to participate!
Jericho Project, a 34-year old, nationally-acclaimed nonprofit organization ending homelessness at its roots, is offering compassionate runners a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: run the TCS New York City Marathon to help end homelessness in New York City!
As an Official Charity Partner in the marathon, Jericho Project can guarantee entry for our runners. We will also provide individual and group training plans, Jericho Project gear, and the enthusiastic cheers of our staff and clients on race day. In return, each runner will raise as much money as he or she can (the sky is the limit; the minimum is $5,000), which will go directly towards Jericho’s life-changing housing, employment, education, and health services for homeless New Yorkers.
Who are you fundraising for? Jericho Project served over 2,600 homeless New Yorkers in 2016. Roughly 500 of our clients were veterans, and almost 1,000 of them were children under the age of 18. We have also launched a new program that provides specific services to homeless young adults ages 18-25. 40% of this population identifies as LGBTQ.
How effective are our services? Jericho’s services have a 95% success rate in keeping our formerly homeless clients stably housed. By addressing the root causes of homelessness, including unemployment and poor mental and physical health, we enable individuals to achieve long-term housing stability and self-sufficiency. Our services are also cost-effective, costing us roughly one-third of what taxpayers pay for temporary homeless shelters.
Register today! Don’t miss out on the chance to run the race of a lifetime in a city-wide demonstration of solidarity and giving!
To apply, please fill out the application below. Please note your credit card will be charged $1 for verification if your application is accepted. Terms and conditions are listed below the application.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration and Fee: The TCS New York City Marathon charges a race entry fee that does not count toward your fundraising minimum. This fee will be collected directly by the New York Road Runners (www.nyrr.org). You should NOT contact the New York Road Runners directly to secure your race number.
- Fundraising Commitment: You agree to fundraise a minimum of $5,000 for Jericho Project by Monday, October 30, 2017. You agree that if you are unable to complete the race due to injury beforehand or for any other unforeseen circumstance, you will still be personally responsible for the full balance owed. You agree that if the race cannot be held for any unforeseen circumstance, any funds raised by you will not be returned. Jericho Project strongly suggests that you raise at least half of the funds by Thursdays, September 1, 2016. If you have not raised half of the funds by that date, Jericho Project may contact you to discuss your fundraising plan. If you have not reached the minimum by Monday, October 30, 2017, Jericho Project will charge the balance owed to your credit card. There are no exceptions.
- Matching Gift Policy: Many companies match employees’ charitable contributions. Matching gifts will be counted towards your fundraising goal. Jericho Project encourages you to check with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program, and to ask your donors if their employers match gifts. It is your responsibility to contact the matching company to ensure the matching gift form will be issued and arrive at Jericho Project before Monday, October 30, 2017. If Jericho Project does not receive the matching gift form prior to Monday, October 30, 2017 the match cannot count towards your minimum.
- Cancellation Policy: You are responsible for raising the $5,000 minimum even if for any reason, including injury, you are unable to run in the marathon.
- Release Form and Contribution Agreement: In consideration for my acceptance onto Team Jericho, I agree that I will not hold Jericho Project, its employees, volunteers, officers, board members, and sponsors (the “Organization”) responsible for any injuries or losses I might incur while participating in the Marathon or travel to or from the Marathon or any training sessions or meetings related to my participation in the Marathon (the “Event Activities”). I hereby release and discharge the Organization from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, and I voluntarily agree to assume full risk of any and all injuries, damages, or losses I may sustain as a result of participation in the Event Activities. I warrant that I have sufficiently trained for the Marathon, and that a licensed physician has verified that I am fit to participate in the Marathon. I grant permission for the use of my name, likeness, or voice and waive any compensation for said use. Jericho Project will not be liable for any injuries that occur during training and as a result of their training tips. I understand that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I understand that I should not enter and run unless I am medically able to do so and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with running in this event including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and course conditions, all such risks being known and understood by me. In the event of an illness, injury or medical emergency, I authorize Jericho Project to secure from any accredited hospital, clinic and/or physician any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care. I agree that I will be fully responsible for payment of any and all medical services, ambulance transport service, and treatment rendered to me including medications and hospitalization. I represent that I have secured adequate insurance against any injury or loss that I might sustain during, or as a result of participation in the Event Activities. In consideration of this entry, on behalf of myself, my legal representatives, successors, heirs, assigns, executors and administrators, I hereby waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages of any kind I may have against Jericho Project and all sponsors, representatives and employees thereof for any and all injuries suffered by me arising out of my participation in this event. I hereby grant permission to Jericho Project to use my name and/or photograph or voice in broadcast, telecast, print or any other account of this event for legitimate purposes. I agree to abide by the rules of the TCS New York City Marathon as stated in all official race information.