Held annually on the first Sunday of November, the TCS New York City Marathon features over 50,000 runners including the world’s top professional athletes and a vast range of competitive, recreational, and charity runners. Participants from approximately 125 countries tour the city, starting on Staten Island at the foot of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and running through the neighborhoods of Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx before ending in Manhattan.
Perks of running for Jericho:
- Guaranteed entry (no going through a lottery!)
- Jericho Project running gear
- Opportunity to raise funds (minimum of $2,500 per runner) for homeless New Yorkers
The critical program support funds our runners raise will provide housing, employment, and mental and physical health services to homeless New Yorkers, enabling them to become independent and live fulfilling lives. 95% of Jericho’s clients maintain stable housing with the help of our life-changing and cost-effective services!
Complete the application below if you would like to run the TCS New York City marathon for Jericho Project. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions below the application before signing and submitting. Thank you!
Terms & Conditions
- Registration and Fee: Jericho Project will inform you of the details of registration after your TCS New York City Marathon application is accepted. The TCS New York City Marathon charges a race entry fee that does not count toward your fundraising minimum. This fee will be collected directly by the New York Road Runners (www.nyrr.org). You should NOT contact the New York Road Runners directly to secure your race number.
- Fundraising Commitment: You agree to fundraise a minimum of $2,500 Jericho Project by Monday, October 29, 2018. You agree that if you are unable to complete the race due to injury beforehand or for any other unforeseen circumstance, you will still be personally responsible for the full balance owed. You agree that if the race cannot be held for any unforeseen circumstance, any funds raised by you will not be returned. If you have not raised half of the funds by that date, Jericho Project may contact you to discuss your fundraising plan. If you have not reached the minimum by Monday, October 29, 2018 the Jericho Project team will charge the balance owed to your credit card. There are no exceptions.
- Matching Gift Policy: Many companies match employees’ charitable contributions. Matching gifts will be counted towards your fundraising goal. Jericho Project encourages you to check with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program, and to ask your donors if their employers match gifts. It is your responsibility to contact the matching company to ensure the matching gift form will be issued and arrive at Jericho Project before Monday, October 29, 2018. If Jericho Project does not receive the matching gift form prior to Monday, October 29, 2018 the match cannot count towards your minimum.
- Cancellation Policy: You are responsible for raising the $2,500 minimum even if for any reason, including injury, you are unable to run in the marathon.
- Release Form and Contribution Agreement: In consideration for my acceptance onto Team Jericho, I agree that I will not hold Jericho Project, its employees, volunteers, officers, board members, and sponsors (the “Organization”) responsible for any injuries or losses I might incur while participating in the Marathon or travel to or from the Marathon or any training sessions or meetings related to my participation in the Marathon (the “Event Activities”). I hereby release and discharge the Organization from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, and I voluntarily agree to assume full risk of any and all injuries, damages, or losses I may sustain as a result of participation in the Event Activities. I warrant that I have sufficiently trained for the Marathon, and that a licensed physician has verified that I am fit to participate in the Marathon. I grant permission for the use of my name, likeness, or voice and waive any compensation for said use. Jericho Project will not be liable for any injuries that occur during training and as a result of their training tips. I understand that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I understand that I should not enter and run unless I am medically able to do so and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with running in this event including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and course conditions, all such risks being known and understood by me. In the event of an illness, injury or medical emergency, I authorize Jericho Project to secure from any accredited hospital, clinic and/or physician any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care. I agree that I will be fully responsible for payment of any and all medical services, ambulance transport service, and treatment rendered to me including medications and hospitalization. I represent that I have secured adequate insurance against any injury or loss that I might sustain during, or as a result of participation in the Event Activities. In consideration of this entry, on behalf of myself, my legal representatives, successors, heirs, assigns, executors and administrators, I hereby waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages of any kind I may have against Jericho Project /Team Jericho and all sponsors, representatives and employees thereof for any and all injuries suffered by me arising out of my participation in this event. I hereby grant permission to Jericho Project /Team Jericho to use my name and/or photograph or voice in broadcast, telecast, print or any other account of this event for legitimate purposes. I agree to abide by the rules of the TCS New York City Marathon as stated in all official race information.